Photo Contest December 12, 2016 – January 16, 2017!
This contest is now closed.
Thank you to all who participated in the FRO Photo Contest 2016.
You can see the winning photographs here.
We are looking for photos to showcase the diverse field work done by UAlberta researchers. Each year the Field Research Office asks researchers to share their photos with us so we can use them on our website and in any promotional material.
Each year we choose one of the photos shared with us to help promote the Field Research Office annual information session (on the event poster and on our website). This year, we are offering a small prize (first aid kit) for the photo we choose. The photograph will be selected by Dr. Martyn Unsworth, Field Research Office Director, based on the following criteria:
- Connection with the theme "UAlberta field researchers going safely where no UAlberta field researcher has gone before" - 50%
- Uniqueness of photo - 25%
- Photo quality - 25%
- Photos must be in JPEG format, no smaller than 300 dpi and no larger than 1500 dpi;
- Photos must be your own, original work, and may not infringe any third party rights, including rights of privacy and publicity;
- The Field Research Office reserves the right to use any uploaded or content photo for any promotions or publications, including the right to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works from each submitted photograph in any media.
Deadline to submit photographs: January 16, 2017
Date winner announced: January 20, 2017
Prize awarded: January 26, 2017 at the Field Research Office Information Session
View the winning photographs from 2016.
To enter, fill in the following information and submit your photo(s) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org: